Sunday, May 20, 2012

Try it. Trade it

Top (Challenge item #4):: Tank top/Target:: Jeans, necklace/Thrifted:: Sandals/DSW

Ugh, this top. There is a reason I have avoided wearing this shirt. Let me start by saying that I bought it with good intentions. As I have mentioned before, the mantra of “defined waistline” follows me through out the day. I’m not sure if it is brought on my an irrational fear of running into Stacey and Clinton and them putting me directly in the 360 mirror but in case it is with me like white on rice. So when I find shirts that provide that defined waist while also being ideal for warm weather months, I get pretty excited. This top fit that description and was on super sale, so I tried it on, imagined it's wearability with pants, skirts, shorts and happily bought it confident of (or, at least envisioning) the many wears it would get in the spring/summer months.

And then wear-reality sets in with its awkward drape and the strange v-shaped, billowy “sleeve”. And even my go-to solution of “just add a layer” doesn’t work because when you throw a cardigan over this top, the drapey sleeve being even more awkward under the sweater. Even tucked in, this top still makes me feel even more awkward than I already am.


So this top is definitely going in the consignment pile. I did my duty. I wore the top. And now I can safely say I will never be wearing it again.



In light of this, I am adding a rule to my challenge:

4. Once I’ve worn an item, and it has proven not worthy of continued possession, I am allowed to trade out that item for recently purchased item. Seems fair, right? (See, it works because the new item has also not seen any wear, so it can still be considered an unworn item. Ha! I’m so sneaky. But really it’s my challenge and I’ll trade out clothes if I want to..)

I like this new rule. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...