Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The skirt that should

Skirt (item # 8 from challenge):: T-shirt/Old Navy:: Cardigan, belt, flats/Target :: Scarf/Anthropologie
Ah this skirt. This skirt was one of those purchases that I was so excited about because, in theory (and based on last years obsession with midi skirt) it should have been a easy piece to welcome into a regular rotation. I have pinned probably the most pins around midi skirts thinking that the all powerful pinspiration would encourage me to bust this skirt out. 
Alas, that was not the case. For starters, the skirt was originally two inches longer which meant it was a somewhat awkward length. Second, even with copious inspiration, I still couldn't figure out how to wear it and the right time to wear it. It seemed a little to strange for grad classes along with student teaching observation and I wasn't going to wear it just around the house. Sadly, it hung in my closet with many attempts at wear but no successes. 
Thanks to this challenge I finally wore it yesterday. I have to say that while the skirt was very comfortable, I still felt odd wearing it. Maybe with a few more wears I will feel that it is a keeper. For now, I'm a little on the fence about it. 


Any items in your closet that you are on the fence about?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...