Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Structured Surprise

Jacket: item #6 /Thrifted:: White top/Ross’s:: Shoes,Tank Top/Target :: Jeans, Scarf / Thrifted

This jacket has been with me for quite some time. You would never know it since I never wear it. It is a tricky piece. All the characteristics that should work in this jacket’s favor (lightweight material, barely there blue pinstripes, fits me perfectly) became the exact roadblocks I had to wearing it. I couldn’t wear it when I needed a substantial extra layer but it also didn’t feel like a necessary piece in the warmer months. The “color” also posed some problems. And lastly, if I wanted to wear this jacket, I had to wear it buttoned up (the way it’s supposed to be worn, mind you) otherwise it draped funny.
Upon forced wear of this garment, I have surprised myself with how much I love it. Take this outfit, for instance. The weather on this particular day was all over the place so having this light, extra layer allowed me to feel perfectly comfortable all day. I also found that I loved wearing it buttoned up. It help take this pretty casual outfit to another level. Score for this jacket.

The white top I am wearing underneath the jacket was on of the only non-returned items for the other day. I actually do not own many ¾ length shirts and none in basic white so it made the cut. Plus, J liked it. A lot.
 One more note about this outfit. I bought these little brogue shoes at Target last year because they were so cute and knew hundreds of outfits I could wear them with. The problem? They were so uncomfortable. As in “I can’t wear these for more that ten minutes” uncomfortable. What saved these shoes from being doomed to scant wear: in-sole supports. And now? It’s like walking on air. Thank you, Dr. Scholls.
Curious what is up next in The Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...