Thursday, May 24, 2012

Sunday Best

Dress: (Challenge item # 2) and belt/Target:: Heeled Loafers/DSW
Wore this to church on Sunday. Actually, I wore this to church two Sundays ago. This Sunday was spent at the office with J. He had a project to finish and instead of staying home, I just hopped on the metro and went in with him. I love going in to work with J. I love being in his office and watching him work away on his two computer screens. I was definitely not as productive as he was. While he was typing up a report, I took a nap, wrote some blog posts and ate snacks. If you are now imagining "Take Your Daughter to Work Day" you would have an accurate image of the day. I was about three minutes away from doodling pictures and running around the halls playing hide and seek in the empty offices. 
I have fond memories of this "holiday". My dad took me to work several times when I was little. He worked at a bank in downtown Chicago. I loved riding the Metra with him and being in the Big City. One year, the bank put on an actual event for the kiddos. My memory is a bit fuzzy but I'm pretty sure they had the kids learn about occupations like interior design, you know, something really practical. (It is no wonder that kids who grew up in the 90's believe that they could do anything...Interior Design? Really?) After that visit, my dollhouse was never the same. It became my "work" because, of course, after hearing a lady talk about interior design for half an hour, I believed I was destined to be an interior designer. I had it in my head that if I could practice designing my dollhouse, I would soon be discovered and my career would take off at the ripe old age of 13. 
Obviously, this dream did not pan out. If you saw the last three places I've lived, you would know why. I actually have little to no ability to design spaces. And keeping those spaces clean and organized is a whole other matter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...