Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Summer of Arms


Dress (Challenge item #1), belt/Target:: Necklace/Swapped:: Sandals/DSW
I have declared this summer the “Summer of Arms”. No, I will not be taking up arms but, rather, embracing the exposure of my arms to the world. If there were one area of my body I would gladly cover with clothing all the time it would be my arms. 
From shoulder to wrist, I find my arms to bit of a problem. They flub, they blub and thanks to a lovely condition called Rosacea they are red and blotchy most of the time. My love for the colder months is very practical. Colder months = layers and that means covered arms. So it no surprise to those who are close to me that I dread the warmer months because of their forced removal of my protective sartorial layers.
Since J and I have moved to the east coast, an area known for some seriously oppressive summer weather, I decided that I have no choice but to embrace the inevitable and bear a little arm. And since no place in DC is without AC I can still bring that security-blanket/cardigan to cover up when out of the heat zone.
This dress is my declaration of the “Summer of Arms”. Right off the bat, I received a boost of confidence when J told me how nice I looked and how much he liked the dress. Boost of confidence from my love? I’ll take it!
This dress was purchased last fall (on super sale). After some minor fixes (taking out the unnecessary elastic waistband and taking in the area under the arms, I can say with confidence that I will be wearing this dress for many days to come. It is so comfortable, almost like wearing pajamas as a dress and is the perfect blanket pallet to remix accessories with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...