Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The Short of it

"Work horse" blue top, meet white shorts. You two should get along nicely....
Shorts (item #7), Scarf/Thrifted :: Top/Old Navy :: Belt/F21 :: Sandals/ Kohls

This outfit was pretty easy to put together. I wear this top a lot, though I have only managed to document a few outfits with it. That said, it was pretty easy to check off these short from the list with this top. I have no real objections to these shorts. I just don’t really like shorts. I’m not really sure what possessed me to buy white shorts (they actually sparkle. Weird) but here I am, the proud(?) owner of them.
On this day, it was venturing into the quite warm degrees and seemed an appropriate day to give them a go. I have to say, they were not too bad, as shorts go. They are actually lined, which is kindof nice, and necessary as they are practically see-through.
 
But seriously, let’s talk about this top. I love this top. I pretty much dread the summer months (I sweat. A lot. An embarrassing amount, in fact) so my summer shirts have to be able to withstand my constant body temp changes. This shirt is really good at that. It also billows nicely, which means I can wear it belted or undone and it still looks good. I rarely wear it unbelted seeing how I have Stacey and Clinton constantly in my head screaming “WAIST DEFINITION!”
 
I bought this scarf because, as my last few (ok most) posts will attest to, I love scarfs and anything navy. Plus…POLKA DOTS! To be honest, I actually haven’t worn it much. It a big scarf and so I’ve had to find creative ways to tie it up. This was my most successful attempt.  I think my next challenge should be an accessory challenge. I think my scarfs, jewelry and shoes would like that. 
And The Challenge  continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...