Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Discoveries

DSC_4878
(Target Tank Top; Swapped skirt; Borrowed scarf (thanks mom!); Target belt; UO shoes)
Sometimes I go through an intense period of obsessing over one thing and one thing only...FOOTWEAR. It all starts with a seemingly harmless desire to search for new boots for the fall. See, I have this pair of boots that I absolutely love and have been showcased several times on this blog. But those boots have a problem - they are coming apart. Literally. The top of one of the boots is unfortunately parting ways with its sole. Doesn't that sound tragic? This time last fall I was debating whether to buy a new pair or just get them taken to a boot repair shop. The debate is back. So what do I do? I search for boots with the thought that if I find a pair that I like as much, if not more, than my current pair I will retire the other ones and welcome the new pair into my life and introduce that pair to my wardrobe. And they will be friends. And things will be good.
DSC_4884
But I can't stop at just boots. See, all the summer sandals and shoes are now on super sale and lets not forget some incredibly cute new fall trends in footwear including heeled loafers. So what do I do? I spend an embarrassing amount of time looking at shoes.
DSC_4887
But yesterday, I had a small epiphany. Since my recent move, I only had my "summer shoes" out for use. It hit me that I actually have other shoes in boxes waiting to be worn. I unpacked a box of shoes and what did I find? Two pairs of shoes that function along similar lines as heeled loafers would. Good lord, did I feel silly. So for now, I am putting my footwear frenzy on hold.
DSC_4873
On to the outfit: Its nothing to write home about and it wasn't the outfit I intended for today but it was hotter that I hoped it would be and this seemed a willing choice in the heat. Speaking of shoes, these little guys have been worn so much the right sole is cracked. I love them anyway.
DSC_4877

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...