Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Home is Where the Heart is

DSC_4824

DSC_4825
(target tank top; thrifted skirt; Buffalo exchange necklace; gifted earrings; Target Belt; DSW wedges)
Oh my goodness, what a glorious weekend it was! Having J come visit was so nice. We picnicked (twice), saw friends, made food, walked around town looking for books and then sat on a blanket and read them. The last night he was here involved a tandem bike, games with friends and Back to the Future projected on our friends' house in their back yard. I, of course, have no pictures of any of this except a few of myself and a friend on the tandem bike. Pictures or not, the weekend was truly wonderful, almost a throw back to the early days of our relationship.

I have been thinking about the title phrase these past few days. I recently had the realization that home is no longer a place but a feeling and that feeling is most strongly felt with J. This was particularly felt this weekend. Even though I am comfortable in my new place of residence, it felt much more like home with J there. I guess this is a good thing as we will, in fact, be making a home together in the not so distant future. I guess I feel thankful to have home be, truly, wherever my heart is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...