Sunday, August 21, 2011

Transitions

The month of August can only be described as a series of transitions. Transitioning out of my life as a teacher and into my role as a student teacher supervisor, transitioning into new spaces (my parents' house, J's parents' house and, finally, my new home for the next 4 months), and transitioning into a new phase of J and my relationship (engagement, wedding planning and long-distance). Overall, it has been an exciting transitioning peppered with exhaustion, anxiety and, sometimes, frustration. Now that I have moved into to my new space I feel more able to look back, reflect and say, " Hey! Not bad!"
DSC_4718
One thing the month of August has not left much time for was outfit photos. My camera was buried under piles of items in my car and I have only just recently rescued it and my tripod. I have been experimenting with outfit photos in my new room (check out the pink wall!) and maybe, just maybe, will feel brave enough to venture outside for photo-ops.
DSC_4713
This outfit was worn to run errands and catch up with some friends. I loved this outfit. The shirt was a recent purchase on sale at Old Navy. Although it wrinkles pretty fast, the silky feel of the shirt makes it incredibly easy to wear on warm and cooler days. I'm excited about remixing this piece.
DSC_4710
Dress (worn as skirt): Swapped
Shirt: Old Navy
Belt: Thrifted
Compass Necklace: Buffalo Exchange
Earrings: Forever 21
Bangles: Target, Forever 21
Wedges: DSW

Any new transitions in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...