Monday, August 22, 2011

Luxuries

Today was the first day of the semester. At 27, I have had my fair share "first days" both as a student and a teacher. For the first time since undergrad, this was my first day as just a student. No preparing to teach classes, no staff meetings. Just me and my learning. It felt a bit luxurious.
DSC_4793
One of the great things about not having to commute for grad school is the beauty of biking to class. No parking meters or parking garages. Just me and my bike. This also felt a bit luxurious.
DSC_4790
On Mondays I take an introductory course to museum studies. I feel a bit sneaky taking it. Though it is considered an education course, it is only minimally related to education. Even my advisor didn't know the class existed! But after taking what feels like every education course in undergrad and still needing to take them to fulfill my grad requirements, I think I'm allowed to take an Ed course that is "a little out of the box". And since I will be moving to D.C. in less than five months, it seemed fitting to take a course in a field I may actually get involved in. The class is even in a historic building. I was definitely nerding out a bit to myself in class. This, too, feels a bit luxurious. One more luxury...checking out required textbooks from the university library. Hello free textbooks!
DSC_4782
This was an easy outfit for the day. Light, breazy shirt with some sturdy shorts made biking around town comfortable and fun.
DSC_4785
Owls top: Buffalo Exchange
Shorts: Forever 21
Bangles: Forever 21
Sandals: Kohls

Any luxuries for you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...