Monday, July 11, 2011

My Best Friend's Wedding

_DSC4553
This weekend I had the great honor of attending and being a part my best friend's wedding. As J and I start planning our own wedding, I find myself tuning in more to the weddings of the people around me. My friend Rachel and her wonderful husband Shawn had very specific goals in mind for their wedding, much in line with some of our goals. They kept it small, focused on a select few things that matter most to them (great food was their priority) and tried to keep it a low stress as possible. I think it is safe to say the wedding went off without a hitch (except for the intending hitching!) and I found myself delighted to be around new and old friends.
_DSC4554
The day was HOT, though. I had checked the weather all week and was thankful the forecast was for sun (the entire wedding was outside) but with sun came the heat and humidity. I needed a dress that would keep me feeling cool as I gave a reading and a toast.
_DSC4566
_DSC4556
I completely forgot I had this dress until I rummaged through my closet looking for something to where. I remember purchasing this dress with the intent to wear it to summer weddings (we have a few to attend this summer) and boy was I glad I found it! The dress is incredibly light and airy with hint of structure up top. A perfect dress for the day's festivities.
_DSC4573
dress: Target
belt: ?
shoes: Payless
earrings: Forever21

Had to add a photo of my dapper date. Doesn't he look sharp?
_DSC4569

Hope you enjoyed your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...