Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Fireworks, Sunburns and Functional jewelry

_DSC4480
_DSC4494
_DSC4488
Shirt: Old Navy
Skirt: T.J.Maxx
Sandals: Kohls
Bangles: Forever 21
Necklace: Buffalo Exchange
Sunglasses: Ragstock
Wild Daisy: Picked by J
These photos were from Sunday, pre-sunburn. Currently, I look like a lobster. Monday we celebrated the fourth by being outside...all day. I guess I was having so much fun that I forgot to apply (and reapply) sun screen. I am paying the price for this mishap. Sunburn aside, I had a wonderful time swimming, relaxing, eating, and fireworks watching with J's family. We even got April to take a few engagement photos at the carnival!
_DSC4489
_DSC4490
As mentioned in a previous post, J and I began our weekend by heading up to Minneapolis. We were dreading the potential hot and muggy weather but to our great surprise the weather was absolutely perfect all weekend. In between catching up with friends, J and I walked around South Minneapolis (where I used to live and work) did a bit of thrift shopping and generally enjoyed being in a more urban setting. Since J and I will be moving to DC in a few months, we have been sharing our excitement about living in a city and all the opportunities that come with it.
_DSC4496
One of the items purchased during our time in Minneapolis was this spy glass necklace. What a fun little piece it is! And it actually works. The necklace was also worn on the fourth (I have the burn lines to prove it!) and was quite entertaining to J's nieces and nephew whom we spent the later part of the weekend with.
_DSC4484

I hope everyone enjoyed the holiday weekend (with hopefully a few less sunburns)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...