Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Rifles, Boat shoes and Jorts

DSC_4321
This outfit is from several weeks ago but I haven't taken any photos this week so I thought I would post about this outfit. The main reason I love these photos is, of course, the rifle. Since we both were feeling a bit uninspired this day, J and I had the brilliant idea of including a prop in these photos. The rifle was recently purchased at an auction and though it is completely un-functional, it is really to play with. My experience with rifles is extremely limited to include summer camp and J's family farm, so it's probably good that it is nothing more than a souvenir.
DSC_4322
DSC_4320
I also wanted to talk a bit about my shoes. I've worn them so much this summer! So comfortable, and pretty much go with everything. Just yesterday I wore them with a floral dress. They were such a steal of a find (thank you Payless!) I think I have mentioned this before but because I have BIG FEET I tend to have hopeless searches for shoes that fit and aren't easy spirits. So when I do find shoes I like and fit, I kind of freak out. I definitely did a little dance in Pay Less when I found these darlings.
DSC_4333
And finally, lets talk about jorts ( Jean shorts for those who are unfamiliar). I'm not much of a shorts wearer but I am a huge fan of jorts. I will say that I tend to wear my jorts longer than some. With these "strong" thighs, I'm ok with that. But they have been easy to pair with long tops or "dresses" like this one ( At 5"9, I consider this dress more of a long top than a dress).
DSC_4324
dress: Forever 21 (swapped with this girl )
belt: mom's
rifle: c/o J (auctioned)
shoes: Pay Less Shoes
necklace: Revival Boutique

How do wear your jorts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...