Friday, June 24, 2011

A Golf Cart, Picnic basket, and Vineyards.. oh and one VERY special ring

I can't believe it has taken me a WEEK to write about the most exciting news of my life. But here it is....
DSC_4418
WE ARE ENGAGED!!!!
Words cannot describe my excitement about being married to J. If our wonderful relationship and J's amazing proposal are any indication of what is to come, I consider myself a pretty lucky gal.

So the proposal...it all started with a picnic basket...
Actually it started with an electric golf cart J's father purchased earlier this spring. If the zombiepocalyopse comes, J's family will be ready.
DSC_4335

J had asked earlier that day if we could have a little picnic when we arrived at his parents house. He specifically wanted to have a picnic up on the hill near the family grape vines. And while we were at it, why not take some outfit photos? Impressed with my man's creativity and interest in my little blogobby (that's blog hobby in case you didn't catch that) I agreed enthusiastically. Little did I know that it was all a shiny secret scheme to propose!

Since words cannot really describe the event I am including a photo series (with a few captions) to capture the entire proposal...
DSC_4339
Electric golf cart packed for the picnic
DSC_4340
DSC_4343
DSC_4344
DSC_4349
climbing through the cow pasture to get to the picnic spot
DSC_4350
DSC_4352
DSC_4356
DSC_4362
DSC_4363
DSC_4364
Our only witness of the event
DSC_4366
DSC_4368
DSC_4369
Outfit photos. I'm blissfully unaware that J is frantically trying to get the ring out of the picnic basket. He told me to turn around and walk away from him. Now I know why :)
DSC_4390
DSC_4395
DSC_4402
DSC_4405
playing the remote on my camera, oblivious to what's to come!
DSC_4410
DSC_4411
As I curled up to J watching the sunset he surprised me with the proposal! I, of course, said yes!!
DSC_4413
J had a difficult time getting the ring on my finger because I was flailing and squealing so much.
DSC_4416
The night ended magically with bottle rocks and bon fire with his family.
It was a beautiful proposal and I am thrilled to have the chance to spend my life with this wonderful man.

Belt: borrowed from mom
Necklace/bangles: Forever 21
Earrings: Target
Engagement ring: From J!!!
Sandals: Kohls (?)

Any wedding advice for J and me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...