Thursday, July 21, 2011

Like a herd of turtles

DSC_4612
I tend to have some weird sayings that have traveled with me through the years. One of the most odd sayings came from a friend that I worked with at a camp in British Columbia. She used to say "and we're off like a herd of turtles!" It used to tickle me so much every time I heard it that I have used it ever since.
DSC_4637
DSC_4608
I have felt a bit like I've been moving and working at turtle speed the last few weeks. I have several things coming up including the end to one of my summer seminars, moving to a new place and wedding planning. Even with all these items on my to-do list I still find myself doing anything else but pack boxes, complete my final assignment (don't worry, mom, it will get done!) and choose wedding colors. I can't blame it on the rain (remember this post?) so I guess I have no excuse.
DSC_4619
DSC_4633
In order to combat my turtle work pace, I have tried to "dress the part" of someone who at least looks like they are kicking ass and taking names. This is one of those outfits. And though I'm pretty sure I napped for two hours in the afternoon on the day I wore this, I keep hoping that if I look the part enough days in a row, I might start acting it.
DSC_4635
Shirt: Old Navy
Skirt: Express
Shoes: DSW
Earrings: made by this lady
Necklace: Forever 21

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...