Monday, June 6, 2011

Zip Ties, ArtsFest and Parental Bonding

This weekend was filled with tasks completed, good food eaten and good people meeting. Saturday, J and I went around town looking for a cheap basket for my bike and road tires. After transferring my tires and attaching my new basket to my bike in true DIY fashion (with green zip ties, of course!) we went for a quick ride before my parents arrived in town to take us out to a delicious dinner to celebrate J's graduation from Law School. Perfection of food aside, it was great to visit with my parents who adore J almost as much as I do.

DSC_4035
J and I Sunday Morning waiting for his parents to arrive.

The next morning we got up and went to a quick breakfast after which we sauntered around ArtsFest, a festival that happens every year that involves street art vendors, music, foods and general happy summer times festivities.
DSC_4043
My baby's hot

DSC_4054
Thanks for taking photos, J!

We did this as we waited for J's parents to arrive in town for the all-important "Parental Meeting". From the moments J and I met each other's parents, we felt a striking sense of ease around them. We attributed this to the fact that our parents are quite similar. Though we were hoping from some awkward exchanges, we were disappointed. Our parents quickly bonded over a meal of burgers at the BEST burger place in town. After the meal and parental bonding, we parted ways with my parents and continued exploring ArtsFest with J's parents.
DSC_4048
like father, like son

After some street drumming, drinks in the shade and dancing on a music stage for $20 (c/o J's Dad) we were ready to call it a day. And what a wonderful day it was!
_DSC4061
_DSC4059
yep, this happened


Knowing it was going to be hot and humid, I opted for a cute easy, breezy ensemble that helped enjoy the day in style.
DSC_4052
Tank Top: Express
Skirt: Swapped (five years ago)
flats: Target
Earrings: gift (and made) by J's sister
Necklace: DIY from set of earrings (lost one = necklace)
Sunglasses: Thrifted

Hope you had a happy SUNday!

1 comment:

Thanks for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...