Thursday, June 16, 2011

Yellow Shoes, squeaky cheese and frog umbrellas

It is pretty terrible that it is Thursday and I am just writing about the wonderful weekend J and I had. But Monday -Wednesday I was facilitating a teaching institute so the blog post had to wait.

DSC_4124

J and I drove to Madison to visit his dear friend Alyssa and her husband Kyle. Let me just start by saying that the weekend was sooo fun from start to finish. It started with J taking a practice bar exam in the car while I drove. He quizzed me on some of his evidence practice questions (which I knew nothing about). I have come to the conclusion that when it comes evidence, it's all about hearsay.

DSC_4140

When we arrived in Madison, A and K took us downtown for drinks. We went to a bar that had a great outdoor patio. The patio seating gave us the unique opportunity to watch an impromptu dance from a lady with a frog umbrella. Think cabaret with a little charleston thrown in. Her antics had us all in stitches.
Saturday morning we got up and headed to the Farmer's Market. Madison Farmer's Market is quite an event. The vendors surround the capital and everyone walks in one direction as they search for the best mint, asparagus, meats and cheese. J and I were looking for a very specific cheese - squeaky cheese!

DSC_4099
yellow shoes!

The afternoon was spent on State Street partaking in a little shopping. I found a few things but the best purchase of the day was J's yellow shoes from UO.

DSC_4192

My favorite part of the weekend had to be beating the boys in Shuffleboard. I mean, A and I beat them good. J found out what a bad loser (and winner) I am.
On t0 the outfit (for Saturday)

DSC_4108


The weather was cooler than it has been. For dinner, I threw on a top that I love for its feel and ease of wear. This jacket has been a great light layer all summer. It helps that the color goes with everything. The scarf was purchased at UO early that day. LOVE the color. Funny that A, J and I all bought items in the yellow family

DSC_4105

Scarf: UO
Jacket: The Loft
Top: Express
Skinny jeans: Old Navy
Flats: Target
Purse: H&M

I will try to write about the rest of the weekend in another post. Hope you are enjoying the day! I leave with a photo of J doing a little parkour before dinner on Saturday.

DSC_4159



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...