Thursday, June 16, 2011

Teacher (Institute) Threads and flaming towels

As I mentioned in the previous post, this week I have been working as a facilitator/assistant for a global education teaching institute. I love summer because it allows me the opportunity to be involved with institutes like this one and meet teachers and share experiences and teaching methods. It's basically like summer camp for teachers.
DSC_4299
DSC_4312
This outfit was from Wednesday. I wanted to wear something that was comfortable but professional, with a hint of summer. I also wanted to show off one of the new necklaces I purchased in Madison last weekend. The outfit is nothing fancy but I still felt put together. I also love the flattering shape of the skirt paired with this top.
DSC_4313

The pictures were taken in J's apartment. You will notice a red towel hanging from the stove. Funny story about this red towel and an early indication to J that I am not to be left alone in the kitchen. We were cooking together one time and J needed me to grab something from the oven that was baking. I hesitantly said yes, knowing my uneasiness when it comes to ovens. I grabbed the red towel to help me remove the item and within seconds it was on fire. A normal reaction would to be put out the flame. My reaction was just to stare at it in awe. J turns around to see this scene equally confused and terrified. The flame was extinguished (by J) and, needless to say, I was not allowed by the oven again.
DSC_4300

necklace: thrifted
t-shirt: Old Navy
Skirt: thrifted
Flats: Target

2 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous outfit! I love it - the proportions are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yes, I love a well proportioned outfit. Something about good proportions has the ability of making an outfit more feminine without a lot of extras!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...