Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Welcome to my "style" blog


I've been putting this off for awhile. I have been following several style blogs over the past year or so and love the creativity and confidence with which people get dressed for the day. I take getting dressed pretty seriously and have been known to change several times before choosing an outfit. So, in a way, this blog is really for me to document outfits that I like so I don't stand in front of my closet day in and day out wondering "what should I wear?"

A bit about me and what informs my clothing choices:

  1. Three days a week I am a teacher at a small school. The school for the most part is dress casual. That said, I tend to dress up for work as to attempt to look older than my students.

2. Two days a week I am a full-time graduate student. Obviously, there is little expected dress code but I try to actually get dressed for class and avoid the abominable "sweatpants, sweatshirt, Ugg boots" trend that has infiltrated women's fashion on college campuses. Maybe it's because I'm paying a lot of money for my education but it just seems appropriate to wear clothes, not PJ's, to class.


3. A few nights a week I supervise the girls dorm at the school I work at. This involves all things comfort so I tend to dress for the occasion.

4. I live in the Midwest. It get's cold here. And it's currently winter...layers are everything!
So that's a little about me. And the potential outfits you may see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...