Wednesday, January 26, 2011

(Planned) Snow Day

IMG_0992


We don't have official snow days at the school where I teach (boarding school = class is 100 feet from where everyone lives) so we plan one snow day a year in order to get the most out of it. Most people go skiing. I have bad knees and therefore don't ski (ok by me! ) and so the day is more like a day off.

IMG_0979

But a day off doesn't mean a day from style! I have wanted to wear these shorts purchased over winter break but haven't found the right time to do so. Today was the day. I quite like them, although I have already gotten mixed reviews. From "You look like you are going on a safari" to "sassy" to "shorts in the winter?" to "that better go on your blog", I am starting to realize that personal style is just that - personal. And sometimes, people are not going to be as impressed with you as you are. Personally, I like this outfit. Isn't that what matters?

IMG_0982


IMG_0976
What about you? Have you ever worn something that got really mixed reviews?

scarf: gift from friend
sweater:swapped
shorts: H&M
tights: target
boots: Kohls
necklace: Revival boutique

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you about style being personal. I think I might get some raised eyebrows during the 30x30 when I get to some crazier combos. But I'm excited about it, it's my first 30x30 and I just started my blog. I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We might get raised eyebrows together! Look forward to seeing everyones combo's for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...