Wednesday, February 1, 2012

From the Bleachers

DSC_5455
Striped Tee/Old Navy :: Sweater, scarf / Target :: Pants/Express :: Shoes (w/ edits)/DSW :: Necklace/ F21
I have been battling the cold/flu/sore throat for three days now. It is getting better, hence my ability to even attempt a blog post. But I want wellness to come faster. I’m the worst at being sick. It always last too long and disrupts everything, making me more cranky and tired than I would be if I just accepted its presence, let the illness run its course and move on. The problem is, sickness always reminds of all the things I could be doing, all the things I want to be doing. Sigh.
DSC_5458
Since yesterday was the first day since Sunday that I could do anything without immediately needing to take a nap, I did as many upright, low energy activities as I could think of: I began a new book entitled “The Corrections” by Jonathan Franzen, I journaled, doodled and painted, and I watched one of my favorite movies Whalerider. I love this movie . It reminds me of my days student teaching in New Zealand. The film is equally beautiful and tragic, with its breathtaking landscape as the backdrop to a rich cultural community struggling against poverty and modernization. It’s particularily good to watch wrapped up in blankets on the couch with a huge mug of Theraflu.
DSC_5465
On a completely unrelated side note: it seems that my beloved photo editing website is closing down. Why Picnik? Where will I find something as user friendly with such fun effects? Does anyone know why this is happening?
DSC_5473
You like these shoes? They use to be a pretty awful greenish gray color until J did some fine tinting with a little shoe buff. Sooo much better.
DSC_5471
This is an outfit from last week. Not my greatest ensemble and certainly didn’t photograph well. But I loved the colors together and was comfortable all day. I see lots of other bloggers tucking their longer shirts into pants. I am not sure I could ever do this. You see, I have this thing called tum-tum (as it is affectionately called by my husband). See, most (who am I kidding? ALL) outfits are, at their core, an attempt to hide/conceal/remove from sight the ever present tum-tum. The tucking of the shirt into the pants (unless they are high waisted) is completely counter to this.
DSC_5461
Keep rockin the tucked shirt, fellow bloggers. Tum-Tum and will cheer you on from the bleachers.
DSC_5475

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...