Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Day at the Fair

I actually had a great time at the teacher hiring fair I went to this weekend, mostly because it included my favorite thing - networking! I met some really great people and talked to some incredible schools. I would be lucky to get to teach at almost any independent school in the DC metro area.
DSC_5526
DSC_5529

I did end up wearing a suit as shown here. I think I was a little overdressed but I didn't care. I felt remarkably comfortable in the suit and the pop of the blue collar gave it something that said "Talk to me! I'm friendly!" Thanks to J for snapping these photos (s0 early in the morning, too!)
DSC_5541
DSC_5546
DSC_5544
DSC_5554
DSC_5556
Today has been spent at the library (internet!!) researching jobs, writing cover letters and updating the old resume. No small task, let me tell you. For this task I wanted to wear something very comfortable. I also wanted to incorporate something I have been struggling to style. These polka dot shorts fit that description. While they are so adorable, they are a little tricky to wear. They are a little big, to start and I have to wear them with tights which doesn't help. After many combinations I opted for this (mostly because I needed to get out the door). I'm ok with the outfit but think there has to be a better way to style these pretty shorts.
DSC_5553
This necklace has a compass on the other side. So cool!
DSC_5542
shirt/hand me down from J:: Scarf, tights, socks/ Target:: shorts/Kohls:: necklace/Buffalo Exchange:: boots/Payless
Happy Valentine's Day! Tell someone you love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...