Thursday, May 12, 2011

Impish threads

This week has been a beast of studying and paper writing. It was also 84 degrees yesterday. Not (literally and figuratively) cool.
DSC_3821
DSC_3822
Between history papers and humidity, I opted for this little get-up. For some reason, the combo of cut-off jean shorts, boat shoes and shirt dress left me in an impish sort of mood. Wearing this outfit made me feel a little bit like a kid again. Maybe I was feeling a bit nostalgic about days before...well...adulthood.
DSC_3825
Being in school, however, actually makes me feels a little bit like I'm in limbo between between the "real world"(adulthood) and the "world of play"(childhood). While I have been teaching full time all year, my teaching courses have now ended, so for the last few weeks I have mostly been just a graduate student. And while it would be easy to complain that life is SO HARD, in reality, writing papers and taking finals seems a lot easier than the work I would be doing if I wasn't in school. In a strange way, I find myself immensely appreciative to even have the opportunity to pursue graduate education knowing that are a lot of less interesting ways I could be spending my time, even if it means several arduous papers and two finals (one that is tomorrow at 7:30am...BOOO!)

Anyone else grueling through finals?

yellow tank top: swapped
red shirt dress: thrifted (?)
cut-offs: made by me
boat shoes: Payless
necklace: Revival boutique
belt: target


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...