Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Beware the Ides of March...otherwise known as my birthday!

Yep, it's true! Today is my 27th birthday. HOORAY! Birthdays having always been a funny thing for me. I have never taken them very seriously or felt the need to throw myself a big party. In fact, I am currently at my brother's house in Baltimore. He's at work and I have been grading papers, reading for grad classes and even doing a little cleaning for him (spring break, baby!). I have always felt like birthdays are just a reminder to be thankful. Thankful you had another year of life. Thankful you might get another. And thankful to be able to get a chance to look back and see where you were last year, five years ago, ten years ago, etc. Turning 27 has, so far, been a blessing. 26 was a pretty awesome year, better than 25, MUCH better 24 (I consider 24 the "lost" year) Yay for my birthday!

Since J and I were not going to be together on my birthday, we celebrated last Friday with dinner and theatre tickets. We saw Sweeny Todd and I have to say, it was AMAZING. Such a fun show. We were singing the songs the whole way home. We also, in our best effort to avoid, were 25 minutes late to our dinner reservation. Luckily, they had a theatre menu and promised to get us out on time. We were pushing our luck on that one. But we made it out,
and got vouchers for dessert after the show, which ended up being a real comedy of errors including me becoming extremely animated about my desert choice and J being surprised by the waitress enough to gesture in a way that released his menu into the air and onto the floor. You can dress us up but our still a bunch of clowns on the inside.

On to the outfit...

I will
not be showing you what I'm actually wearing right now. Sweathshirt and sweatpants will not be making it on this blog - ever. This outfit was from well before the 30 for 30 but I never got to post it and I just loved it so much.
IMG_1003
IMG_1000
Aren't these earrings beautiful? I got them at a flea market in Berkeley last summer. I really like the colors and have started wearing them more. Yellow, red, blue is one of my favorite color palettes.
IMG_1001
I also love this necklace. I have a thing for trees. I wouldn't consider myself a "treehugger", although some beg to differ, but I find trees very symbolic in my life. The idea of being rooted in things life love, faith, wisdom and that those roots are what strengthen and guide the growth of that tree. Whoa, getting all deep on the blog. Hey, it's my birthday and I'll wax poetically on my blog if I want to!

Any symbolic objects in your life?

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! It's my birthday today too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post made me smile on a rainy day, and that is a beautiful thing. <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...