Thursday, February 3, 2011

I need two orders...TWO!

"TWO" has become a running joke in my relationship with J, thanks to a funny story about a guy he worked with awhile ago. You have to hear him say it...just KILLS me!

I have officially emerged from the 2011 Snowpocalyspe. I was successfully able to sled down my stairs leading out my front door, shovel out my car from a drift that went up to my hip and was successfully able to go sledding with friends until we couldn't feel our fingers and toes.

On to the reason why you are here reading this.
IMG_0979
IMG_0987
IMG_0995

As I promised I wanted to write a little more about outfit #1. This dress has been a surprising work horse in my closet. It is extremely comfortable, versatile, has pockets (!!) and generally makes me feel great. So I wear it...a lot.
The shirt was given to me along with several others by a friend who was cleaning out her closet. Also a work horse and easy to mix.

On to outfit number TWO...
IMG_0979
IMG_0982
IMG_0995

If you live in the midwest, it ESSENTIAL that you own a good pair of snow boots. The problem with snow boots are that they are, generally speaking, really unattractive. This makes no difference, however, when you are toasty warm during a snowpocalyspe. Which is exactly what happened as a trudged around in these boots. This outfit was also the outfit I sledded down my front stairs in. So the outfit may not have been the most put-together and chic but damn, was it warm and cozy!
The earrings, which I should get a close up of, are a gift from J and the birdcage necklace is from a little consignment store in town.

If you are wondering about the stats on my clothes, you can click on my 30 for 30 items and they should appear on my flickr photostream.

Hope all who were hit by the snowpocalypse have made it out ok and with style to boot (ha ha)!

1 comment:

  1. I love your snowboots! They're so stylish! And the pattern of your first dress is fantastic. Glad you survived snowpocalypse! It's been so crazy here!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...