Friday, February 11, 2011

eight + nine... thank God for scarves, jeggings, and necklaces

What? Did you say you've seen this outfit before?
IMG_1014
Ah yes. That's right. It actually is outfit #7 with a change in shoes and scarf. I can't tell you how many times a change in neck and foot wear have made a whole new outfit for me. Or, at least, allowed me to trick people into thinking I was wearing a whole new outfit. In my defense, the only person who saw me wear outfit 7 and 8 was J, and he doesn't mind.
IMG_1006
outfit 8

Outfit 9 is one that I wear pretty much every week. I adore this shirt (taken from my brother's closet awhile ago) and find it to be the ultimate in comfort. These jeggings have been worn so much that, well, let's just say they might need to be retired soon. There is some debate as to whether these are, in fact, jeggings. They are from old navy and are considered the "rockstar jean" and they call them denim leggings (ie jeggings). But unlike other jeggings they actually have functioning pockets. Maybe we can just call them the perfect jegging. Thank you, Old Navy. You rock and so these jeggings.
IMG_1011
Outfit 9

This necklace was purchased at a cute consignment shop in town. I love this necklace - perfect length, perfect size and it has a hidden secret...it's also a watch!
IMG_1025

What are your "thank God" items?



4 comments:

  1. wow those pieces really did transform that outfit!! i totally do the same thing. we're so brilliant. :)

    www.yogaandpencilskirts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like outfit #8. Those boots are awesome. It is great how new accessories can give an outfit a different look all together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is your mother allowed to comment. I think you look very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are really converting me to belief in the jegging as an acceptable article of clothing. You look fabulous! Love the muted color palate and especially those boots!

    I have so many thank God items, but among them are my black Armani blazer ($3 thrifted, gives anything under it instant-chic points), a plum knit dress that's perfect w tights and boots, and a long cardigan. Couldn't live w/o these things!

    PS: That comment from your mom is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...