Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Attempts at new beginnings

DSC_5221
Top: Revival
Sweater: Target
Jeans: Target
Shoes: Payless
Scarf: F21
Necklace: F21
Earrings: Swapped
I have a back log of outfits so some of these (including this one) are from several days ago. I absolutely loved this outfit and wore it with the hopes of it ended of my new driver's license. Alas, the driver's license gods are definitely against me and I left the Motor Vehicle Administration with nothing but a big does of disappointment. Things had been going so well with the "changes". Getting my new social security card was pretty easy, changing banks - no problem. But transferring my name on a new state license?! You would think I was applying for citizenship of the Almighty State of Maryland! Needless to say it was a bit of a blow to be rejected by the State of Maryland via the MVA.
DSC_5220
Back to the clothes. I love this outfit for its functionality It came together because of a system of clothes organization I have in our new place. We have one, sad, little closet and since John has to look more professional than I do daily, his clothes seemed better suited (ha!) in that closet. I don't mind, because it means I now get full use out of my awesome stand alone clothes rack that lives next to our futon (yep, you read the right). Because my clothes are on display every time I'm in our kitchen/living area the ideas for outfits flow like the wine (mmm wine...).
DSC_5218
The rests of my clothes are in drawers that are easy to access (and keep organized). This top has normally been buried under other tops along with this sweater but now, thanks to better organization, they are easily found which = easier to wear. My scarves are also on display so I don't forget about them and my jewelry hangs neatly in the bathroom on little hooks ( a lifesaver for place with limited or strange storage). In other words, creative organization creates more fun getting dressed!
DSC_5217
Proud of myself? Yes, even if the MVA doesn't think I'm so great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...