Thursday, March 8, 2012

Apples and Triangles

DSC_5918
Top, Jeans/Old Navy:: Moto Sweater/ Target::Scarf/Anthropologie:: Boots/Thrifted:: Belt/F21
For some time now, I have tried to figure out what "body shape" I am. I have narrowed it down to an apple or an inverted triangle. Both of these "shapes" describe women who carry much of their weight in their shoulder, chest and tummy and tend to have smaller legs (minus my bottom) than their top half. All of these are true for me. My ankles are freakishly small compared to the rest of my body.
DSC_5904
DSC_5905
Upon discovering what, I think, may be my body type, I have then began the search for what looks best on my body. This has been a fun little experiment. And I believe the fact that I document my outfits allows me to actually see what really does look best, rather than relying on the mirror (that for some reason always skim a few pounds here and there...).
DSC_5917
DSC_5915
DSC_5903
This outfit is one of those experiments. While my body type is usually discouraged from wearing skinny jeans, the inclusion of the (I'm going to say it FABULOUS) boots help even out the proportions. Though billowy tops are usually discouraged as well (they make you look bigger) the inclusion of the belt both reins in the top and defines a waist (all things you should do when you have a semi-undefined waist). Finally, the sweater and scarf create interest and bring the eye up above problem areas like the tum-tum.
DSC_5925
The result? A look I love. I felt so incredibly comfortable and put together in this outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...